Sunday, June 28, 2009

Game Annotations and Tournaments

Hey all,

I'm sorry for not posting any games with/without game annotations for a long time. I've been busy studying for my finals and projects in school. So, during this month, I'll be posting my games with annotations. I'll be also in the club during weekdays to prepare for the CYCC and be of assistance to anyone. There will be two upcoming tournaments before the Canadian Open: Sicilian Theme Active Tournament and Stampede Open. The Sicilian Tournament will be on two Tuesdays, June 30 and July 7. The Stampede Open will be on July 4 and 5, Sat and Sun. I recommend that juniors participate in these two tournaments to warm-up for the Canadian Open and get exposure to tournament play.

Since the club will be open during weekdays and weekends and it's the summer, I also recommend that juniors take this opportunity to study openings, analyze games, play matches or tournaments, etc. for preparation, improving one's playing strength, etc. other than on Saturdays.

I would also like to remind all CJCC board members again that our meeting will be on Friday, July 3rd at around 7 pm. This would be about our plans for the summer and for future plans during the school year.

Hope to see you all in the club!!

- Jan Edmund Lazo
CJCC President

No comments: